Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#FRESHOUT9jaUpdate J. Cole Set To Compete With Kanye West's Album

J. Cole recently stated that he moved the release date of his sophomore album, Born Sinner to compete with Kanye West’s upcoming album Yeezus. The 28 year old rapper who was the first artist signed to Jay-Z’s Roc Nation said he decided the change the release date of Born Sinner the moment the release date of Yeezus was confirmed.
    Born Sinner was originally scheduled to be released in July, but he changed the date to the same day Yeezy’s sixth album hits the stores.
Instantly the lightbulb came on, it got real. I made one phone call to somebody that would know, just to make sure first. As soon as I got it confirmed, I was like, Yo! You got to go to that date, I’m not going to sit here… I worked too hard to come a week after Kanye West drops an amazing album. It’d be like, Oh and J.Cole dropped too, a week later. Nah, I’m going to go see him on that date. He’s the greatest. So it’s like, I’m a competitor by nature so it was instant, it wasn’t even a thought.                    Cole revealed

No comments:

Post a Comment